Thursday, January 1, 2009

GAME FLOW CHART SAYS IT ALL....SMALL BALL FTL


Popcorn Machine's Game flow chart shows Brandan Wright should have played more. Wright was the only Warrior with a positive +/- stat by a large margin (+10).

I didn't get a chance to watch the game last night, but what was the reasoning behind going away from a traditional 2 big front line that was working successfully to keep their 4 and 5's in check? Lepper does a good job tracking the success of different types of lineups at 48minutes.com, but I haven't seen his post on last night's game yet. It would seem to me that Nelson's obsession with small-ball cost them the game.

Don't get me wrong, I love that they lost for tank purposes, but at some point Nellie's got to realize that this personnel is not optimized MOST nights going with 4 smalls + Biedrins or Turiaf. To NOT try Randolph for a few minutes with Turiaf or Biedrins is very disconcerting.

No comments:

NBAStore.com