2008 Pre-Season: Warriors Vs. Milwaukee Bucks - 10/16/08
Beijing, China - Warriors.com
Golden State sinks Milwaukee in dramatic China finale - Reuters
Kurz 3-pointer at buzzer edges Bucks - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Kurz hits 3 at the buzzer to lift Warriors - Associated Press
MVW: Stephen Jackson
Stephen Jackson: 37 min, 9-14 fg, 5-9 3pt, 4 ast, 24 pts
Andris Biedrins: 25 min, 5-7 fg, 11 reb, 13 pts
Anthony Randolph: 20 min, 9 reb, 3 ast, 4 blk
Corey Maggette: 20 min, 5-7 fg, 4 reb, 14 pts
Brandan Wright: 28 min, 4-9 fg, 6-6 ft, 4 reb, 2 stl, 14 pts
C.J. Watson: 34 min, 5-6 ft, 4 reb, 7 ast, 5 stl, 14 pts
DeMarcus Nelson: 28 min, 5-7 fg, 3 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 10 pts
Rob Kurz: 15 min, 4-4 fg, 3-3 3pt, 4 ast, 11 pts
Anthony Randolph: 20 min, 2-8 fg, 4 to, 4 pts
Stephen Jackson: 37 min, 1 reb, 6 to
Corey Maggette: 20 min, 5 to
C.J. Watson: 34 min, 4-13 fg
Dan Dickau: 7 min, 3 to
Stephen Jackson: 37 min, 1 reb, 6 to
Warriors : Bucks
pts - 122 : 102
fg - 39-74 (.527) : 40-86 (.465)
ft - 22-32 (.688) : 20-22 (.909)
3p - 9-19 (.474) : 8-18 (.444)
reb - 41 : 35
oreb - 11 : 11
ast - 22 : 24
to - 28 : 20
stl - 12 : 12
bs - 5 : 3
Arena: Beijing Olympic Basketball Arena, Beijing, China,
Officials: #25 Tony Brothers , #29 Steve Javie , #46 Matt Boland
- Warriors without Al Harrington, Ronny Turiaf, and Monta Ellis.
- Anthony Randolph gets the start and does not disappoint. He showed some nice moves from the top of the key getting to the rim. His dribble is impressive for a player his size and should have no trouble taking the ball up the floor and handling any press. The future Point Forward is here, but needs more exprience to read and react to the situation. Called for charges a couple of times. Poor shot selection. Fights for rebounds. I like that he plays with no fear. BLOCK on Joe Alexander near block on Jefferson if weren't for Harrington foul. Randolph has Pietrus disease - moving pivot foot before putting the ball on the floor for a drive. Amazing help defender. Had some great blocks and a putback dunk. Very impressive outing defensively and encouraging to see that he could produce at this level. Announcers in love with Randolph's game - athletic, aggressive, scratching the surface w/ potential.
- Biedrins showed off handles in top of the key dirve where he was able to finish after spin move. Rebounding extremely well. New freethrow delivery not pretty to watch. Incredible ally-oop inbounds play. Great clean-up job. Offensive boards. Warriors still need to get Biedrins involved more on the offense.
- Marcus Williams starts but fails to impress. Nice bounce passes but finishers fumbled passes out of bounds. I believe he just lost his chance to start which is very dissappointing considering we probably lose a future 1st rounder (maybe not due to protection). Too slow, not athletic enough. My only hope is that with more comfort with the system and players, his passing skills will earn him minutes.
- Fast paced, sloppy on both ends. 28 turnovers!
- Randolph and Wright will make each other better - pushing each other to be their best. Harrington is very expendable.
- Jackson's shot was on. Sloppy passing. First Warrior to be named MVW AND make the 'UGLY' list.
- Kurz was on fire from beyond the arc. Hit the game winning 3 as time expired. He had four assists, but many of his passes put other players in difficult situations.
- Maggette doing what he do. Living at the free throw line. Chance to rest between free throws, more opportunities to score with more possessions - not sure if that's a good thing for a young club vs. a team that isn't used to the Nelliball pace.
- Hendrix get rebound and fouled right as he comes in. Not a shotblocker - unimpressive wingspan. Will contribute as big body on the glass.
- Belinelli with another bad shooting night.
- Watson with some nice steals by jumping the passing lanes. Selfish with the ball.
- Wright not effective early. Nice take from the top of the key using his extreme length to extend and put it off the glass. Wright with nice 10 foot jumper. Perfect from the line. Nice form - may have swished all his free throws.
- Chris Mullins dome makes a cameo appearance.
- Nelson finishing well at the rim. Nelson and Watson on the court at the same time. Two combo guards = 1 PG? Nelson with an explosive break dunk at 1:30 3rd - past Redd, over Jefferson.
- Dickau and Kurz goners. Kurz better enjoy his game-winning 3 pointer while he can.
- Excited about the prospects of a Randolph/Wright/Biedrins front court. Just need 2 incredible scorers at the guard positions. If Ellis comes back 100%, we just need one more. 3 athletic bigs, though thin, can provide excellent help defense and rebound out of their areas. If opposing big is too physical to handle, throw in Turiaf or Hendrix.
- Chemstry develops, young guys get more comfortable, Ellis returns, Warriors will be pretty good.
- Is this the first game where both Wright and Randolph have a good game?
- Don Nelson finishing game with youngsters.
- Awesome game!
Warriors vs Bucks 10/18/08 F battle
Warriors vs Bucks 10/18/08 PG battle
Tues. Oct. 21 vs.Lietuvos Rytas - 7:30 PM - No TV or Radio