Jackson: 29 min. 7-16 fg, 7 reb, 6 ast, 0 to, 23 pts
Morrow: 19 min, 6-10 fg, 3-3 3pt, 2 reb, 17 pts
Biedrins: 26 min, 4-6 fg, 2-2 ft, 13 reb, 4 ast, 2 blk, 10 pts
Maggette: 25 min, 4-9 fg, 8-10 ft, 7 reb, 16 pts
Belinelli: 16 min, 4-8 fg, 3-4 3pt, 13 pts
Crawford: 27 min, 2-4 3pt, 5-6 ft, 5 ast, 2 stl, 11 pts
Davidson: 21 min, 7 reb, 7 pts
Randolph: 17 min, 2-3 fg, 5 reb, 2 blk
Crawford: 27 min, 2-8 fg
Watson: 27 min, 2-7 fg
Maggette: 25 min, 0 ast, 6 to
Best and Worst +/-
Warriors : Clippers
pts - 118 : 94
fg - 37-81 (.457) : 33-92 (.359)
ft - 34-46 (.739) : 22-25 (.880)
3pt - 10-20 (.500) : 6-25 (.240)
reb - 50 : 53
oreb - 8 : 12
ast - 21 : 16
to - 11 : 18
stl - 8 : 6
bs - 6 : 4
fast break points - 17 : 7
points in the paint - 28 : 34
Popcorn Machine's GameFlow
- Starting lineups: Crawford / Belinelli / Jackson / Azubuike / Biedrins vs. Ollie / Foye / Miller / Gomes / Love
- Belinelli having a rough start; missed jumper, missed layup on fast break; missed layup in half-court offense
- Barnett 'Keys to the Game': 1) dominate early 2) win the inside game 3) ball possession
- Marco finally scores with 3 pointer
- Warriors seem to be making a conscious effort to get Belinelli a touch on every early possession
- Warriors getting lots of easy scoring opportunities
- Belinelli with another 3 after put-back slam by Love
- GS 22 MIN 11, 5:15 1Q
- Belinelli starting to feel it; hits another jumper after up-fake
- Holy Crap!!! Summer League Belinelli is finally here!!!! Another 3!
- Maggette makes an appearance w/ Turiaf being the vet to rest
- Gomes would have been a great addition to the Warriors; skilled, big enough to play PF
- GS 36 MIN 18, end of 1Q
- Davidson and Randolph start off 2Q w/ Belinelli, Maggette, and Crawford
- Randolph gets on board with offensive rebound and shot off glass
- GS 40 MIN 21, 9:30 2Q
- Morrow gets into the act with a 3
- Morrow hits first two shots, both all net
- Davidson a pretty good rebounder, not a skilled finisher
- Maggette effective off bench as usual; 8 pt in 8 min
- Davidson hits mid-range shot; slow release
- GS 53 MIN 23, 5:42 2Q
- Maggette not sharing the ball at all
- CJ scores; everyone that played is on the board
- Davidson and Randolph keeping the ball alive; can't wait to see Randolph, Wright, and Biedrins
- Randolph gets chance to score w/ iso on last possession and does (misses and-1)
- GS 66 MIN 37, end of 2Q
- Belinelli has a knack for drawing offensive fouls as he fights through/around screens
- zzzzzzz - nothing but veterans and Davidson this quarter; where is the development?
- GS 86 MIN 62, 2:44 3Q
- Timberwolves making a run to cut it to 17; up as much as 31
- GS 91 MIN 72 end of 3Q
- 21 pts off 15 t.o.
- Jackson continues to play well shooting 7-14 fg, 7 reb, 5 ast
- Corey Maggette w/ 6 to
- Did Randolph and Belinelli do something wrong? Why aren't they in during a blow-out? We don't need to see Jackson, Maggette, Crawford, and Watson!! At least Morrow is playing
- GS 103 MIN 86, 4:41 4Q
- nice moves by Biedrins to take Love from the top of the key
- Morrow's shots are all net!!! 13 pts in 16 min.
- Kurz gets in w/ 2:13 left in game; GS 113 MIN 91
- GS 118 MIN 94 end of game
- great shooting from future core of Belinelli, Randolph, and Morrow (12-21 fg, 7-8 3pt); log in 54 min
- should have played kids more and sat vets for majority of 4Q
- Warriors' record is 21-39, 7th worst in the league; they need to be careful not to inch past Toronto and New York which would cause them to fall to the 9th pick; this win deals a big blow to their chances of overtaking MIN for the 6th pick
On Tonight's Game:
"Actually, we've been playing pretty well, moving the ball and giving pretty good effort -- and then tonight, everything just clicked for us... Well, we have a game plan every night. Sometimes they seem to work a little better than others. You never really know, but I think we were -- we had their stuff covered pretty well and everybody remembered and carried out their job, too. That helps."
"Off of our high for the year, I think 25 (turnovers) our last game and it cost us the game. We turned the ball over 25 times. We're one of the lowest in the league, at least we were until we set our record. So anyway, we wanted to take care of the ball and we did that the first quarter. I wasn't very happy with six turnovers in the second quarter, but anyway, we were aggressive and did a lot of good things to get that lead."
"What I liked is that we have a game tomorrow and I didn't have to play my heavy-minute guys the whole game and fight until the end and all that. They had a hard practice kind of a game and hopefully we'll get our sleep tonight and we'll be ready to do it again tomorrow. That's the main thing."
"We're not going to pound our chest on this game. We got accomplished what we wanted. Guys were able to play. I think Jermareo got his first real opportunity and did well, and showed tonight that he can be an NBA player. That's a good thing. Not a perfect game for him, but he did a lot of good things and he rebounded the ball. That's what I'm after with him. I know he can shoot, I know he can play, but the rebounds, he went after them tonight. It was a nice game for him. I'm very happy for him."
On Stephen Jackson:
"(Jackson) is the key to this team. Not only his scoring, but his passing, too, and his rebounding, things like that. He brings a dimension to this game. Tonight he was probably 23 (points) and seven (rebounds). He doesn't get the credit he should. He's a heck of a player."
On Tonight's Game:
"It was crazy. Got a little rest; rest always helps. I wish we could've gotten the win the other night but it felt good to go out there and get this one."
"We shared the ball well and got a lot of deflections. When we get a count on deflections, we get out and run. We've got some great shooters on this team and when we can move the ball and get open shots, we can knock them down. Any time we are able to get steals, we can get out to a big lead."
"It's a great way to start the road trip. Minnesota's been playing well with the loss of Jefferson, but we can't worry about who's out there or not out there. We have to try and finish the season on a great note and winning tonight is definitely good."
Game No. 60, live: Warriors (20-39) at Timberwolves (18-41) - Geoff Lepper
Slumping Timberwolves blown out by Golden State Warriors - Pioneer Press
Biedrins is paying dividends - Marcus Thompson II
Warriors crush Timberwolves to end road skid - The Sports Network
Jackson's return bolsters Warriors - Associated Press
at Chicago Bulls