Paul’s poise saves Hornets in 108-103 win - AP
Warriors turn into scrappy overachievers - Monte Poole
Hornets open with victory on the road - The Times-Picayune
Warriors Show Signs of Life, Use 7-Man Rotation While Leaving Youngsters on the Bench - The Sporting Blog
The Post Up: Hornets Hang On - Slam Online
WARRIORS' OPENER Close loss shows grit but no glitz - Janny Hu
Orientation (Warriors 103, Hornets 108) - Adam Lauridsen
Captain Jack got tired playing 48 minutes for Warriors - Janny Hu
MVW: Corey Maggette
Corey Maggette: 39 min, 8-11 fg, 2-4 3pt, 9-10 ft, 8 reb, 27 pts
Stephen Jackson: 48 min, 5 ast, 2 stl, 26 pts
Andris Biedrins: 29 min, 5-8 fg, 12 reb, 14 pts
Kelenna Azubuike: 43 min, 6-14 fg, 5-6 ft, 3 stl, 17 pts
Ronny Turiaf: 24 min, 4 reb, 3 ast, 4 blk
Al Harrington: 42 min, 2-4 3pt, 7 reb, 3 ast, 3 stl
Stephen Jackson: 48 min, 5 to
Ronny Turiaf: 24 min, 0 pts
Al Harrington: 42 min, 5-17 fg
Best and Worst +/-
Corey Maggette: +3
Andris Biedrins: +2
Ronny Turiaf: -9
DeMarcus Nelson: -12
Warriors : Hornets
pts - 103 : 108
fg - 36-83 (.434) : 41-82 (.500)
ft - 22-32 (.688) : 19-27 (.704)
3p - 9-23 (.391) : 7-17 (.412)
reb - 39 : 42
oreb - 11 : 8
ast - 18 : 23
to - 13 : 13
stl - 10 : 8
bs - 5 : 6
fast break pts - 12 : 11
pts in paint - 45 : 40
- Surprisingly entertaining. If the Warriors could continue to over-achieve and play scrappy, guttsy, inspired basketball, I could care less about the record - just as long as we suck enough to draft Ricky Rubio or land one of the top picks. A little short-term pain leads to much long-term gain (and more profits).
- Good defense vs. one of the best teams in the NBA
- Biedrins in foul trouble hurt them the most. We could have used his solid execution down the stretch.
- Jackson played every single minute; it was clear fatigue was a factor at the end; this cannont be a pattern if the Warriors truly want to have a shot at the playoffs
- Harrington was horrible as a volume shooter and missed with a wide open 3 that could have sent the game into overtime.
- Azubuike was impressive - he has taken his game to another level. Amazing how some people did not want the Warriors to match the Clippers' offer.
- Corey Maggette was at his best, getting to the line and converting. Very efficient as usual. Good help on the boards.
- DeMarcus Nelson as our starting PG reflects a dissappointing state of affairs. I appreciate his energy and heart, but is that the best we got? Only 18 assists total for the team, but only 13 turnovers.
- Good defense down the stretch after Hornets were hitting a high percentage earlier. Too bad the Warriors were unable to execute on offense.
- Brandan Wright and Anthony Randolph did not make it into the game. Would have been interesting to watch considering the Hornets and David West were having their way with the starters. Harrington was having a bad shooting game and not contributing too much on the boards, so why not?
Hornets-Warriors 108-103 I CP3 21pts,11ast vs Maggette 27pts