New York is in a race with New Jersey to clear out as much cap space as possible for the Summer of 2010 in a bid for the services of LeBron James. There are many other big prizes if LeBron heads to Manhatten to play for Jay Z and the Nets, so even if they don't end up with Option 1, clearing cap space is a smart long term objective. One of their biggest contracts is Jamal Crawford that expires in 2011. Currently, the Knicks have an abundance of PG's and could afford to lose him.
Statistics and Game Log
Draft Express Scouting Report
New York Knicks
Salary: $1,262,520 Years Remaining: 1
Salary: $9,226,250 Years Remaining: 1
Outgoing Players: Danilo Gallinari, Jamal Crawford
Golden State Warriors
Salary: $2,873,520 Years Remaining: 2
Salary: $8,640,000 Years Remaining: 3
Outgoing Players: Marcus Williams, Al Harrington
NEW YORK KNICKS 2008-2009
- Cap space is the key to the trade and Harrington gives them a deal that expires in time for their big free agency shopping spree in 2010. Warriors may have to take on Jared Jeffries large deal if they want Crawford and Gallinari badly enough.
- Harrington gives them another scoring option in the front court. He's versatile and servicable.
- Knick fans don't have much patience for Gallinari (who was mercilessly booed on draft night) and his early injuries could be enough for the Knicks to trade him. If it allows them to dump salary, then they may be open to it.
- Marcus Williams torched the Knicks in Preseason last year, so they may view him more favorably than Don Nelson currently does.
- Marcus Williams has a Team Option in 2010.
- Marbury could be forced to earn his contract by starting at PG/SG (depending on the matchups) alongside Duhon.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2008-2009
- Crawford is another offensive threat that is more PG than anyone currently on are roster (Nelson not convinced Marcus Williams is the answer).
- Belinelli and Gallinari together again.
- Playing time freed up for Wright, Randolph, and Hendrix.
- Gallinari could turn out to be a tougher version of Dunleavy.
- May have to take on Jared Jeffries' contract to get them to trade.
- Core = Ellis/Azubuike/Gallinari/Randolph/Wright/Biedrins/Belinelli/Hendrix. Plenty of young talent to develop
Warriors update: Harrington no longer wants to play for Don Nelson - Tim Kawakami
Harrington wants Warriors to trade him - Marcus Thompson II
Harrington says he has some hope for reconciliation - Janny Hu
Danilo Gallinari best mix
Jamal Crawford - 52 points against the Heat